Thursday 14 May 2015

City of Inspiration

Innocence City



There is a particular city that I would find any excuse to visit, whether its, on the outskirts passing through to head to the Yorkshire Dales, just seeing a sign post for York in England gets me wishing I was visiting the historic walled city filled with rich heritage.

York Minister
York is the location I used for Innocence, inspiring me greatly on visits, although the main storyline is created in small villages twenty minutes drive from York, but close enough to use the historic city

The city was originally built by the Romans due to the River Ouse and Foss
 
The York Minister is one of the most famous landmark of the city giving the city the large amount of tourists from around the world.











Shambles


The shambles one of my favourite areas in York set back in the is an old street in York with the overhanging timber-framed buildings, some dating back as far as the fourteenth century. these shops are filled with stunning boutiques, small cafe's, some of the best butchers and I will confess make the best fudge I have ever tasted
Minister and Shambles
 
York castle is a short walk from the city centre, commonly known as Clifford's Tower the castle suffered a tumultuous early history before developing into a major fortification with extensive water defences. After a major explosion in 1684 rendered the remaining military defences uninhabitable, York Castle continued to be used as a jail and prison until 1929.

Clifford's Tower
 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment